Saturday, February 20, 2010

This is it!


The day I've been 'dancing' towards for the last 6 months is finally here! I had my last practice, even though I still have not perfected it, sob sob. Just pray that my fan will not drop when I flip it, or I won't trip and fall flat on my face. My sister told me if it really happens, just switch it to a comedy act :) Haha, very funny, I'll keep that in mind :)

Actually, never mind about my face being squashed, I really do not want to embarass my sensei or shame her iemoto's name. I want to do this for my husband who is always so supportive and trusting no matter what I choose to do. Hehe, a glimpse of my performing kimono, the han-eri (half collar) and the obijime (belt tie) ......

4 comments:

gosijo said...

My dear Jaime,

I hope it all went without a hitch. Looking forward to reading all about it soon.

Sorry I missed a few posts - busy too, as you know.

Happy Sunday!

Yoko said...

Hi,Jaime

The pattern of your kimono is so modern! Aren't they roses? Traditional ones don't have them. I remember I saw modern pattens on some long sleeves kimonos that girls celebrating coming age was putting on.Things are changing,I thought then.

I know firtst things to do make us nervous but I can tell for sure that you will feel great after dancing in front of the audience!!It is also great that you can share the feeling with your fellow dancers.

I once dropped a fan during the performance but suprisingly I was calm. I remember I just thought "Oh it dropped" and natuarally picked up without changing face expression and did the next hands. Thinking it back now it was good coz I usually smile a little due to embarrasement when I make a mistake.

Have fun and enjoy everythig!

Yoko

jaime said...

Hi gosijo
thanks for coming by

love .. .jaime

jaime said...

hi yoko,

thanks for the good advice, you must have a lot of experience to share. i agree, i also think once you have performed, it will boost your confidence more. I was very nervous as I am shy by nature, this will surely helps.

love .. jaime