Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2 more weeks!


Ok, 2 more weeks before the BIG day - my very first solo Nihon Buyo (Japanese traditional dance) performance! I must be nuts (*o*), I am not a dancer, I don't even have a performing bone in my body! What started off as being curious and fascinated to watch is turning out to be a serious interest now. But my sensei is right, one can only gain experience and improve by performing in front of an audience. I guess it's like what's the point of learning voice training if you are only going to sing in the shower? Hehe btw, this is not me :)


For the past year and a half, I have been learning Nihon Buyo on and off, not taking it seriously at all. My only wish was to be able to join in the Bonodori dance with the crowd, so my hubby and son would feel proud of their gal :) I never even dare to dream of performing solo in a music hall in front of a live audience! Thank you moichan for introducing me to Nihon Buyo; thank you Erika for giving me this opportunity and motivating me ....... In the next 10 days - practise, practise, practise!

4 comments:

Marce said...

Hi Jaime,
Was sad to see that my last comment isnt here =(.
But it is ok, just wanted to say Congratulations for your new personal blog!!!!!
That kimono looks amazing, for sure you was pretty wearing it!!!
I love japanese culture, too. I will enjoy your new blog. Have a happy Valentine's Day and And Happy Chinese New Year. God Bless you dear sister.
Marce

Yoko said...

Hi Jaime!

First I must apologize to you coz I had been mistaken your name for a long time. I've found it when I searched for your first art work in 2007 in quilt today. To bad to find photobucket doesn't serve it anymore.

I will also have my performance soon but in the end of April and trying to work hard. From the photo of the dancer in the costume I guess yours would be the same kind of one as mine. Isn't it your dancing group's regular recital? We have one every 2 years but I didn't perform last time so,for me it's been almost 4 years.

I'm looking forward to reading your post on your dance performance and experiences along with it.GOOD LUCK!!

Love Yoko

jaime said...

hi marce,

really? you lost your last comment, sorry. yeah, i don;t remember seeing one either. hehe you are too kind. kimono is very comfortable and i enjoy wearing it, but too much work!

cheers .... jaime

jaime said...

hi yoko,

thanks for letting me know about the photobucket problem. it's my broadband limit, i think it will be resolved after next week. please try again in a week's time.

wow, you are performing in april? you must be very busy practising now. I am just a very beginner student. I don;t belong to any 'ryu', just under my sensei. I will be performing solo this time.
i'll write more about my nihon buyo, ok?

cheers .... jaime