Friday, February 19, 2010

Props


Had a trial run for my hair today with my sensei. Luckily, it went very smoothly. I opted for a more flamboyant, youthful look which kind of contradicts with the traditional conservative Nihon Buyo style. My sensei is so accomodating and she goes along because I like it, I am so grateful! Hehe, just hope her Iemoto (head master) will not see me :)

My kami kazari (hair ornament) and 2 little crystals hairpins. I must have walked all over Tokyo to find this kazari, and the arrangement of the beadings is actually 3-dimensional.


My pink sakura sensu (fan) and its bukuro (bag)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jaime:
Greetings on a beautiful sunny weekend.
Beautiful, beautiful, your headdress, fan and bag.
I hope you will enjoy your first Japanese dance. Just be at peace, personify the Zen spirit. We are with you in your journey.
josephine

Marce said...

Hi Jaime,
You will look so beautiful with these accessories, Have a nice time.
Marce

yudi said...

Dear Jaime,

So today is the day for your first Nihon Buyo dance! Perhaps you are on the stage right now while I am writing at the other end of the world. Be calm and relax, I am sure you will deliver a wonderful dance because you’ve put your soul into it. How beautiful these accessories are, I am eager to see a picture of you dancing with them.

yudi

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone. You will really be beautiful with or without these accessories. Try to have the nicest time and fun, okay?

We're all behind you all the way!

Love,
Judy

jaime said...

thanks josephine, a zen spirit is perfect here in japan :)

jaime said...

thanks marce for liking the hair piece.

jaime said...

hi yudi,

hehe, it's tomorrow. sure, i'll post some pics.

jaime said...

ok chinggu, always have fun, that's the key :)